Since our much appreciated pastor is leaving us, we are looking for :
A Pastor for the ICF-Gouda (0.72 fte)
A Christian community open to all cultures and languages. Our international church believes that diversity is a gift from God through which we discover God’s own multifacetedness. It is our desire to be a community whose focal point is Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, based on God’s grace as a driving force for relationships and our personal lives. We also wish to make God’s desire for peace in this world visible and offer a hospitable place in a broken world.
The International Christian Fellowship in Gouda grew out of an international Alpha course, which took place in 2008, into a pioneering congregation within the PKN church in Gouda (Protestantse Kerk in Nederland). As a small, hospitable congregation we hope to discover what the next step for our community will be.
We are looking for:
A pastor who in dependence on God wishes to offer leadership to the ICF in Gouda, in collaboration with its Leadership Team and full involvement of the congregation.
A devoted follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for sharing the Good News with others.
A leader who, with confidence in the power of the Holy Spirit, shows openness to a diversity of traditions and loves to be part of the worldwide church.
A preacher who:
- Is well-educated in theology at an advanced or academic level
- Has a good command of the English and Dutch language
- Is familiar with cultural diversity and church traditions
A pastor with experience in:
- Serving and living in an international context and connected with an international church community
- Handling brokenness in the lives of people with a desire to to be present with them
- Giving biblical education and training to people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
A warm personality with an open and welcoming attitude towards people,an inspiring and impassioned leader with a focus on relationships and community, good interaction with different age groups, and a person who embraces diversity out of conviction and knows how to enjoy it.
We expect the future pastor to be willing to live in Gouda or its surroundings in order to be well connected with ICF-Gouda and actively participate in church life within the PKN Gouda.
As pastor of ICF-Gouda you will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide leadership to ICF-Gouda
- Encourage people’s growth in faith through services, community groups and other activities
- Be involved in the lives of members through pastoral care and diaconal ministry
- Coordinate and maintain an overview of all ministries and activities
- Provide coaching in relation to consolidation and development after a time of pioneering
- Stimulate vision formation on, and concretisation of the missionary task
A fascinating and instructive position as pastor of a warm and involved community, where all age groups are seen, and everyone can participate. We offer a one year contract, of 26 hours a week, with the intention of extension for an indefinite period. Remuneration is in line with employment conditions of the PKN church and is dependent on the applicants’ level of education and depth of experience.
We look forward to learning about your motivation towards serving our congregation and are eager to receive your application letter, which should include a CV as well as a link to a meditation or sermon you have given. You can mail this before 12 January to email@example.com.
For more information we would like to refer you to our website: www.icf-gouda.com.
If you wish to receive a profile text or contact someone please feel free to email Wout Schonewille at firstname.lastname@example.org.